- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
What is C-Peptide, Fasting?
C-Peptide test measures the amount of C-Peptide in the blood or urine. It is a chemical produced by pancrease in almost same proportion as insulin. Hence, it can be used as an indicator of amount of insulin produced in the body. This test is mainly used to distinguish between Type I and Type II diabetes. Type I diabetes is characterized by the presence of negligible amounts of insulin and C-peptide. However, in case of type II diabetes, insulin and C-Peptide levels are beyond normal.
This test is also recommended by the doctors to check the treatment of diabetes.
Values <0.5ng/mL indicate Type I diabetes and values >2.0ng/mL indicate Type II diabetes. Any values between 0.5-2.0ng/mL are considered to be normal.
Reduced calorie intake and weight management can aid in managing C-peptide levels.
Why is C-Peptide, Fasting done?
The C-peptide test should be performed:
- To help evaluate insulin production by the beta cells in the pancreas
- To help determine the cause of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) whether it is due to insulin-producing tumors in the body or due to insulin injections (medicinal insulin)
- To monitor how well the insulinomas (tumors) are responding to the treatment: Decreasing levels of C-peptide in someone with an insulinoma indicate a response to treatment; levels that are increasing may indicate a tumor recurrence
- To distinguish between type I and type II diabetes mellitus
- To help evaluate a person diagnosed with metabolic syndrome (set of abdominal obesity, increased blood glucose and/or insulin resistance, abnormal blood lipid levels, and high blood pressure)
- After pancreatic transplantation: In case of pancreatic islet cell transplants, intended to restore the ability to make insulin, C-peptide levels may be used to verify the effectiveness of treatment and continued success of the procedure.
Hurry, only 1 item left in stock!
93% Sucess Rate
Trusted across India
Jeevam is focused to create outcome driven products
Ingredients chosen for highest bio-availability to create optimal health outcomes
1. Highest Efficacy
The brand is committed to using only the most effective ingredients in their products, based on scientific research and medical evidence.
2. Clean Labels
Jeevam Health is committed to using only the purest, highest-quality ingredients in their products, avoiding any fillers or toxins that could compromise their customers' health.
3. Personalized Approach
Jeevam Health recognizes that every individual has unique health needs and goals, and takes a personalized approach to their products and services.