At Jeevam Health, we believe in evidence-based holistic care for chronic conditions. Our hyper-personalized approach is designed to help our clients achieve optimal health by providing them with the tools and knowledge they need to make informed choices about their diet and lifestyle.
We have seen firsthand the negative impact that certain ingredients in packaged foods can have on our health. In this blog post, we will explore the top 10 ingredients to avoid in packaged foods for holistic health.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS): HFCS is a common sweetener used in many packaged foods. It has been linked to obesity, diabetes, and other health issues. Research link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2793126/
- Artificial Sweeteners: Artificial sweeteners like aspartame, sucralose, and saccharin are often used in diet products. They have been linked to a variety of health issues, including headaches, digestive problems, and even cancer. Research link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5564743/
- Trans Fats: Trans fats are often found in processed foods like margarine, snack foods, and baked goods. They have been linked to heart disease, diabetes, and other health problems. Research link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6013451/
- Sodium Nitrate and Nitrite: These additives are often used in processed meats like hot dogs and bacon. They have been linked to an increased risk of cancer. Research link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3575935/
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG): MSG is often used as a flavor enhancer in processed foods. Research has linked MSG consumption to headaches, flushing, sweating, and other health issues. (source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5876764/)
- Artificial Colors - Research suggests that some artificial colors like Blue 1, Blue 2, Green 3, Red 3, Yellow 5, and Yellow 6 may be linked to hyperactivity in children and other health issues. (source: https://www.fda.gov/food/food-additives-petitions/additional-information-about-food-additives-permitted-use-food-united-states)
- BHA and BHT - Studies have shown that BHA and BHT may have harmful effects on human health, including an increased risk of cancer and other health issues. (source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967178/)
- Carrageenan - Research suggests that carrageenan may contribute to digestive problems, inflammation, and other health issues. (source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1242073/)
- Soy Protein Isolate - Some studies have suggested that consuming soy protein isolate may be linked to thyroid problems, endocrine disruption, and other health issues. (source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5188409/)
- Potassium Bromate - Potassium bromate has been classified as a possible human carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer. Studies have shown that it may cause cancer and other health problems. (source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4119530/)
It's clear that the ingredients we consume can have a significant impact on our health. By avoiding these top 10 ingredients in packaged foods, we can take a step towards achieving holistic health. At Jeevam Health, we encourage our clients to read labels carefully and choose whole, unprocessed foods whenever possible. With our evidence-based approach to holistic care, we believe that everyone can achieve optimal health and well-being. Remember, small changes can make a big difference, so start by avoiding these harmful ingredients and see how your body responds. Your health is worth the effort!